As anyone who’s worked with us knows, we are big advocates of the classroom and the quality that classroom delivery can provide (with a good trainer!). However, there are several areas in which doing your online leadership and management qualification simply exceeds the traditional classroom offering.
- You can do it at your own pace – Online courses don’t require that you take entire days out of your busy work schedule. You can fit them in around your daily activities as no one is required to be physically present at any given time.
- Good online courses come in bite-sized chunks – This allows you to consume content in smaller chunks, again allowing you to fit your learning into a busy schedule.
- You can consume the content from many locations – Most decent online courses will provide access for mobile devices, so you are not limited to the location in which you can consume content. You will probably need an internet connection though!
- Support from online communities – Online communities offer interaction and support from a much wider ranging audience than a classroom can. Instead of having just your cohort to interact with, you have every person who has ever taken the course online.
- See the content again, and again, and again – One of the greatest benefits of online training is that you can watch the content over and over. No one remembers everything they were told in a training session, well maybe the few of us with eidetic memories, but for the rest of us it’s not possible. Online learning allows you to revisit the content and consolidate your learning. How can we put learning into practice if we can’t accurately remember the original training?
One further thing to point out (I know this is now technically 6 reasons) is that online learning is generally a lot cheaper than the classroom. Always something to think about.
So, next time you are considering a qualification, whether it’s in leadership and management or otherwise, it might be worth exploring if there’s an online option.